To decline a recommendation request:
- Click on Decline Request at the bottom of the request:
- You may optionally include a note to the applicant:
Some common reasons you might decline a request are:
- The applicant did not waive their right to view this recommendation, and you wish for the applicant to do so.
- You do not want to recommend this applicant. The applicant can edit his or her list to send a request to a new recommender.
- You do not want to submit your recommendation letter online. In this case, the applicant can check into whether an alternative recommendation will be accepted by the school, and can let you know how to submit a paper letter.
- Click Decline Request. The applicant will be notified via email.